The Ultimate Custom Contact Lens Design Software
- More designs including 5 Controlled Clearance™ Orthokeratology Designs
- Virtually everything you need on one convenient screen
- Easy to use with keratometry or corneal topography
- Resolve cross cylinders over refractions with our Toric Soft Lens Calculator
- Design a wide variety of RGP lenses faster and more reliably
Orthotool™ is the current iteration of contact lens design, modeling, and manufacturing software which has evolved over the last 25 years. Our current software allows contact lens fitters to enter traditional patient information (K's and spectacle Rx), suggests the presence of certain pathology, makes lens design suggestions, and allows the user to "point and click" a number of different lens designs and fitting techniques. Once a design is selected, Orthotool performs the optical calculations, displays the complete lens parameters and manufacturing data, displays a cross section model of the lens and a lens thickness profile, and graphs the tear film thickness across the lens diameter.
Orthotool eliminates vertex conversion, "SAM FAP", "RALS-LARS", and other optical calculations, bringing standards and consistency to your contact lens designs and reduces refits and training costs. Orthotool makes sense out of detailed lens parameters and presents information in a way that is easy to visualize and lets anyone understand complex lens designs and fitting concepts.
Orthotool is programmed with standard spherical lens designs, ultra thing, aspheric, bitoric, and reverse geometry lens designs. It also includes alternate peripheral curve systems that can be applied to virtually any lens design. Our Lens Design Tuners allow you to customize many of the designs to suit your individual fitting preferences and helps you achieve the best lens performance for your patients.
Increased productivity for increased profitability.
Full control of your custom lens design
No proprietary information
Do not have to rely on a consultant to design your lenses
Take the guesswork out of troubleshooting
- Increased accuracy with custom design on complex cases
- Based on numerical values as opposed to graphical
- Custom designing allows for targeting higher refractive errors: > 10.00 D sphere and up to -5.00 D limbus to limbus cyl: removes limitations from empirical designs
- Only design method to incorporate the physical and biomechanical properties of the cornea to achieve better success
- The first custom design software to apply an aspheric back optic zone
- Incorporates over 30 years of practical and clinical experience as well as research, along with hands on consultation
OrthoTool works on essentially all modern computers (both Windows and Mac). It requires Microsoft Excel, which comes standard with Microsoft Office, or can be purchased separately.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- A modern computer (Pentium CPU or better) with at least 512 MB of RAM and 10 MB free hard disk space.
- A CD-ROM drive (for CD version) or USB port (for flash drive version).
- A mouse or other pointing device.
- A color monitor with at least 800×600 pixel resolution
Operating SystemOrthotool will run on any of the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- Any Mac with a full version of Excel installed.